Welcome to FWC where TwiFans come for a challenge! Looking for a contest to enter? Want to promote your winners? Look no further! We help broaden the horizons of new and experienced TwiFic authors alike by offering you the chance to enter different contests (therefore different story ideas) to help bring you out of your comfort zone, or simply help get you started as an author.
Thursday, January 13, 2011

Misunderstandings

I’d like to start off by saying that I’m sorry for any confusion and mistakes that were made during this contest; thus far and surely to come. We’re a new site and still getting the kinks out- we are learning what works and what doesn’t as we go. The contest was such a hit that it took us all by surprise. This contest was actually 5 times larger than any contest we have dealt with on this site to date so you can imagine that we were all scrambling. We are working to get a new program to make things more efficient and now know the proper way to set up the voting.

I know how hard all of you have worked; authors, readers, and general supporters alike. No one person is appreciated over the other. We love that our collaboration idea with TwiFicPics was able to inspire so many of you.

Just a heads up! There was a problem early on with the voting and it is now set that you can go back and edit your answers. Please double check, just to ensure that your vote went through. There shouldn’t be a problem but it was brought to my attention that it’s always better to be sure... so that’s what we shall do!

Now onto the more negative topic of this post.

**Warning: The rest of this post may contain strong language, and does not apply to everyone.**

The night that voting opened and the contest entry submission deadline came upon us, there was a mix up between the voting schedule. Typically we have the entries up that day (take note that a day is a 24 hour period) and everyone can vote. It’s never been a problem if some of the entries came in later in the evening and weren’t put on the site until one of us woke up to add them.

I know some of you were concerned and addressed me about so I fixed it as soon as I possibly could, and that was that. It was a nice conversation in which I apologized and asked for some patience and understanding and thanked everyone for all their hard work and dedication.

Something that I found COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE was the amount of derogatory language thrown my way. Being called various names (in several different languages) should never be something that is alright.

We run this site as something to be a nice addition to this fandom and by being hateful and rude you ruin the urge to continue. I’m not going to give you any satisfaction by pointing out what you said or who you are. You know who you are and what all was said and this is your warning; don’t let it happen again.
**End Note**

Again, I apologize for any of our mistakes; I take full responsibility. Please be kind and understanding that we are a new site and we learn as we go... no one’s perfect.

Thank you for your time.


4 Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I just have to say a few things. Firstly, contests should be fun and entered in the spirit of camaraderie with fellow authors. It's a way to stretch your writing wings and maybe snag some new readers. To me, the whole contest was well worth it just for the exposure and the new readers I received!

I also run contests on FWAR, and I do have a suggestion for the admins of this site. Perhaps allowing a number of days between when submissions close and voting opens. In our current contest we are allowing 7 days between close of submissions and voting because our readers complained that the 4 days we gave the last time wasn't enough to read all entries- -and we only had 40 entries, not 70!

It always stings to have someone piss all over you when you're doing your best, but don't let a few bad apples get you down. It's a shame that we can't all comport ourselves like adults, but that problem exists everywhere.

You guys are doing a great job!

Sarita

jarkin33 said...

I just want to say that you guys have been nothing but helpful and wonderful and all the hardwork that you do on your end is appreciated!

I'm amazed at the turnout for this and incredibly impressed at how you've managed!

Know that the hard work you've done is appreciated.

xo
jaime

Le Crepuscule said...

Hey there,

thank you for your understanding and support, it really means a lot. Sarita, as for your suggestion of waiting a couple days we will definitely have a down period in between from now on! haha.

Thanks again,

Brittany

Laura said...

I so enjoyed writing for this contest! It was my first one and I didn't know what to expect, but I was absolutely floored by the number of entries!

I think you did a great job, considering the extent of the contest and entries. Thanks for giving me this opportunity!

Current Contests & Awards

  • Title- Submissions Due (Voting Dates / Winners)
  • To Be Announced

Stalkers

Follow Us:

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Contact Info:

Photobucket
FanfictionWritingChallenges
@Yahoo.com




PhotobucketPhotobucket

Blogs We Adore

(Scroll Over Pics To Stop)
HD!NK